Thursday, November 24, 2011

Bittersweet Success

I have been operating  independently for about six months now and it has been amazing. For the most part I never have a migraine other than as an indicator of a crime in progress. I have stopped murders, rapists, bank robbers, and arsons. The people that I have helped have been so kind and grateful of my efforts. I feel like I have found my place in the world.

My main problem right now is the media. Once it got out that I could use my powers to see anything anywhere people started to complain. The media is making me out as this vigilante peeping tom. The victims that I have saved are always quick to defend me but the news corps are more interested in creating controversy than reporting on what is actually going on. Its more important to them that they get good ratings than telling the truth.

With all the bad coverage that I have been getting it is always hard after a rescue. I could have just tackled a bank robber about to get away but that doesn't stop people from yelling at me or calling a pervert. I just hope that if I continue to endure the slander that soon people will realize that I am making a difference. That I am worthy to be their defender. I will be patient with them. I will be the hero that they need even when they do not want me. I will continue.